[vtkusers] How to associate character strings (textual lablels) with 3D points ?

Giancarlo Amati amati at ira.cnr.it
Tue Jul 9 04:32:46 EDT 2002

try to use vtkTextSource  and set the position with the SetPosition method
of the vtkActor or vtkFollower.

Bye

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Markus Neff wrote:

> Dear mailinglist:
>
> I am new to VTK and I want to associate textual labels with 3D points in
> a dataset. Is there a standard way of doing this or do I have to write
> my own "vtkLabeledDataMapperString" which gets the string char by char
> from field data and renders them in the overlay plane ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Markus Neff

dott. Giancarlo Amati                  |
(amati at ira.cnr.it)                     |

National Research Council              |
RadioAstronomical Institute            |
office phone n. +39 051 6399405        |
via Gobetti 101 - Bologna (Italy)      |