[vtkusers] Volume Rendering Problem

Fabrice Vincent vincent at theralys.com
Tue Jan 29 14:19:51 EST 2002

Hello,

You are probably using a visualisation pipeline with a vtkLODProp3D() or some other LOD
actor ( LOD= Level of detail)
wich enables fast interactions with objects by decreasing rendering quality.

If so,  look for  something like :

Renderer.SetAllocatedRenderTime(n)

and choose a high value for n  (i.e. higher than the rendering time of your data)

Fabrice

TSUI Ping Tim wrote:

> As a new starter, I find VTK is an excellent API that is easy to use.
> However, when I use it for volume rendering, I find that when I rotate the
> object, the transition appears as rough blocks (I don't know how to
> describe it accuratelyl in words, but you may refer
> http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/~pttsui/vtk/problem.html). I suppose this design
> is to give the user a preview, provided that the computer is not
> fast enough to finish the calculations for all voxels during the
> transition. However, for my purpose, I would prefer the screen to maintain
> the previous status until the final scene is carried out.
>
> Is there any option to disable the block preview????

THERALYS
Diagnostic & Therapeutic Image Analysis in Clinical Trials
Address : 29 rue Bellecombe, 69006, LYON, FRANCE
Phone : (33).6.22.31.04.93        Fax  : (33).4.72.35.72.91
Email : vincent at theralys.com