[vtkusers] Volume Rendering Using Maximum Projection

Praveen Bhaniramka praveenb at gauri.engr.sgi.com
Wed Jan 23 22:03:16 EST 2002

Hi Asad,

Depending on what hardware platform you are using, you should be able to
use texture mapping to do the volume rendering with maximum intensity
projection simply by changing the OpenGL blending equation to
glBlendEquation(GL_MAX). The default value is GL_FUNC_ADD.

Cheers,
Praveen

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Asad A. Abu-Tarif wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to do volume rendering of a gray-scale image
> (vtkStructuredPoints)
> and I don't want to use the ray-casting method. Instead, I'd like to
> display the maximum intensity projection from any view point (sort of like
> ray-casting but using maximum intensity).
> Is this implemented in vtk and where?
>
> Thanks,
> Asad
> *  Asad A. Abu-Tarif
> *  Computer Engineering.
> *  PhD Candidate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).
> *  Web-site: http://asad.ods.org/Professional/
> *  Registration Toolkit: http://asad.ods.org/RegMagicTKDoc/
> *  tarifa at rpi.edu

Praveen Bhaniramka               Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
praveenb at sgi.com                 Advanced Graphics Division
(650)933-1785                    Silicon Graphics, Inc.