[vtkusers] wxVTKWindow: controlling events.

stefano mininel mininel.ml at gnbts.univ.trieste.it
Wed Jan 23 10:52:15 EST 2002

Stereo rendering with 2+ renderers in one window doesn't work correctly.
A solution is to remove temporarily all renderers except the one to be
put in 3D, and adding them again to the window when switching back into
2D. In my wxWindows/vtk application  my 2D/3D switch customized this way
works correctly.

The problem is: when "3" key is pressed this event calls the "regular"
vtk 2D/3D switch and vtkWindow goes into a buggy stereo rendering.

I tried to prevent further event processing by adding
" if (event.GetKeyCode == 33) return; " in
wxVTKWindow::OnKeyDown,
wxVTKWindow::OnKeyUp,
wxVTKWindow::OnChar
(trying all possible combinations!) but it seems I can't prevent vtk
from receiving the "3 key" event.
Any idea from one of the wxWindows/vtk users?
Thanks in advance for any help.

    Stefano Mininel