[vtkusers] Problem VTK4 + python 2.2

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Mon Jan 14 12:54:11 EST 2002

Hi Emmanuel, Prabhu,

I spent some time before Christmas experimenting with wxPython,
and made a wxVTKRenderWindow.py (similar to the vtk.py that comes
with wxPython) that does its best to work around some of the
strange behaviour of wxGTK.  There are lots of things slightly
haywire with wxGTK, including the flicker problem (unwanted window erase),
window enter/leave events, window focus, setting the mouse cursor...

The easiest thing would be for me to commit my wxVTKRenderWindow.py to
VTK CVS, if you are willing to test it.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group