[vtkusers] Problem with cutting polydata with vtkCutter

Terence Lim tlim at mda.ca
Wed Jan 9 18:36:57 EST 2002

Hi vtkusers,

I used vtkClipPolyData to clip my grid however I want to eliminate at the
resulting triangle cells that are created.  I have tried using vtkcutter on
my grid with the same selection loop function that I fed to ClipPolyData.
The result from vtkCutter was just simply a loop?!  Is this correct? I
expected to see a trimmed version of my initial grid instead I see a loop
(the same one which I defined as input to vtkCutter) .

My code is as follows:

cutter->SetInput(mygrid);
cutter->SetCutFunction(myselectionloop);

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any hints,

Terence