[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor with Python and VTK

William Jacob Proctor wjprocto at uncc.edu
Tue Jan 8 16:11:45 EST 2002

Hello,

I am just beginning with Python & VTK, and I am running into a problem
with the vtkRenderWindowInteractor.  I am trying to create a gui using
Python and have a window to do VTK rendering inside the gui.  I am using
vtkRenderWidget to create the window to render into, but when I try to add
a vtkRenderWindowInteractor, the vtkRenderWidget no longer works, it is
not visible at all.  I have been unable to find any examples that utilize
the vtkRenderWindowInteractor with vtkRenderWidget.   I need to add the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor so that I can define my own picker function and
assign it to the interactor (unless there is another way to do this??)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

	-- Jake