[vtkusers] How to display images with negative pixelar value?

Rodrigues, Jason (MED) JasonR at geind.ge.com
Tue Jan 8 10:34:34 EST 2002

CAn anybody guide me as to how to display the negative pixels values Images
on to the ImageViewer or rendered using the common mappers?

      vtkImageMapper imgMapper = new vtkImageMapper();
             imgMapper.SetInput(imagedata1);
             imgMapper.SetColorWindow(4000);
             imgMapper.SetColorLevel(2000);

         vtkActor2D actor = new vtkActor2D();
            actor.SetMapper(imgMapper);

         vtkRenderer ren=panel1.getRenderer();
            ren.AddActor2D(actor);

  Here imagedata1 contains pixel values in both +ve and -ve domain. the
image in the negative domain seems to have been blackenend upon display.

 Can anyone tell me as to why is the mappers/ imageviewer colorlevel is
usually kept half the colorwindow ?
Regards,
JASON

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."