[vtkusers] Creating the local directory vtkMy

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Tue Jan 8 08:10:24 EST 2002

Hello David

At 1/8/02 04:31 PM, David Netherway wrote:
>Below is the output when I ran  vtkmyEx1.exe.
>
>But I was expecting a wish window in which I could run vtk tcl commands +
>the extra commands in vtkMy.
>
>The program vtkmyEx1.exe runs and immediately exits.

Yes, it's just a simple test creating instances of the 3 classes belonging
to this vtkMy project (vtkBar, vtkImageFoo, vtkBar2). These classes are
just placeholders, they definitely do not visualize anything :)

I'll create a second example today that will use some of the usual VTK
classes, but basically you could plug the code of whatever C++ examples
found in the Examples/ directory.

As far as the 'wish' + tcl command are concerned, you won't get it here,
since it's a C++ example.
Have a look at vtkMy/Examples/Tcl/vtkmyEx1.tcl, it's the Tcl version of
vtkmyEx1.cxx and it shows you how to achieve what you need.

>I have added {e:/Program Files/vtkMy/Wrapping/Tcl} to TCLLIBPATH.

This is all you need (and of course your build directory should be in the
PATH so that Tcl can find your DLL).
Then you can use
    package require vtkmy
in all you Tcl script.