[vtkusers] Building VTK for XDarwin

Sander Niemeijer niemeijer at science-and-technology.nl
Wed Feb 27 11:22:19 EST 2002

Joey,

I don't have any experience in building VTK for Cygwin/Xfree86.
However, we are using Cygwin, but only so we can use 'normal' makefiles
to build a native windows application.

Another thing to mention is that we probably won't use the quartz build
of VTK for the Apple platform since we are using wxWindows for our GUI,
and I  A) haven't (yet) succeeded in getting wxMAC to work under OS X
and B) don't know if wxMAC and the quartz VTK build will work together
at all. As far as I know wxMAC uses carbon and vtk uses Cocoa and I
don't know if one can easilly interchange windowhandles between these
frameworks (that's the way the wxVTKWindow class works). But that
question is a topic for another mailinglist :-)

Regards,
Sander