[vtkusers] Building VTK for XDarwin

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Wed Feb 27 10:59:00 EST 2002

>First of all if you want to build the quartz version make sure that in
>the cmake configuration you set VTK_USE_QUARTZ to ON en VTK_USE_X to
>OFF. And of course if you want to build the version for X set them vice
>versa.

Thanks for posting that!  I thought I was the only one porting X software to Mac
and Windows and needed the ability to turn on X support on the other two
platforms.

Having said that and noting that your changes only work for Mac, is there to
make it to where it will work with Windows as well?  With Windows, you can get
Cygwin and Xfree86 to have a full X environment which works well.  I'd be happy
to test!

I hacked the Make/Cmake/Cxx/h files to get it working, but there must be a
better way.  I admit I have a hard time with the Cmake, since even after
following the instructions, I get the Local directory having a weird dependency
on itself.  Anyone else having this problem?  All I had in my
LocalUserOptions.cmake options was SUBDIRS (Local).  Weird.  Anyway...

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     E-Bay...                             +