[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidget fails when trying to locate vtkLoadPythonTkWidget.dll

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Mon Feb 25 01:31:12 EST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Hi David,

>     DG> Hi Jeremy, The module that it is looking for is
>     DG> "vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets.py", rather than
>     DG> "vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets.dll".  In the VTK source code it is
>     DG> located in the Wrapping/Python/ directory.
>
> He is able to import vtkpython.py its just vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets
> thats causing the problem.  My guess is that Tk is having difficulty
> vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll is not on PATH or TCLLIBPATH?  But
> thats strange, I thought vtkLoadPythonWidgets did some magic to fix
> that.

The vtkLoadPythonWidgets.py looks in plenty of locations for the
vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll, including the tcl 'auto_path',
the default python path, and PYTHONPATH.

But I don't think that the tcl-level widget is the problem, or else the
exception that is generated would be a TclError stating that
vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll could not be found.  The stated error
was that the vtkLoadPythonWidgets module was missing, so my guess
is still that vtkLoadPythonWidgets.py is not being found for some
reason.

 - David