[vtkusers] Textured Isosurfaces

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Feb 21 17:29:55 EST 2002

Hello Everyone,

I am modifying volume rendering in VTK to support multiple-component data
which may be independent fields or may represent something like RGBV or LV
(where V becomes A after being passed through a LUT).

The issue is that VTK currently supports the notion of a texture applied to
the volume, but the only mapper that supports this is the ray cast mapper
when used with an isosurface ray function. I would like to yank this
texture input and parameters, since the functionality will now be provided
through multiple component data. This will be an API change for anyone
using this functionality right now. My suspicion is that no one is using
this and it is OK to change. Anyone disagree?

Lisa