[vtkusers] Vtk MFC MDI Multiple Views in Separate MDI Child Windows

Arsene ELLA ella at pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Feb 21 07:46:06 EST 2002

hi everybody,

I would like to create a Vtk  MDI application using MFC like the one in the
vtk40 directory:

C:\...\Examples\GUI\Win32\SampleMFC

but my application being different to SampleMFC in the way that:

  * It uses one document (associated to the image file -> Data)
  * image data and its processing results are displaying in several Views, in
    separated MDI Child Windows in the following way:

    - at the beginning of the program, only the first child window is
displayed.
      the FILE-OPEN command will display the image in it (like in SampleMFC).

    - if a process (ex: histogram) is asked,  for instance, from a dialog
box button,
      a second view, associated to the second MDI Child Window will display
the
      histogram (graph) from the image data above

    - if a second process (ex: to display image data as columns of text) is
asked,
      a third view, associated to the third MDI Child Window will be opened
and
      display them

    - and so on....

Could somebody please tell me how to do that with vtk.

thank you in advance,

Arsene

Arsene ELLA, PhD
Max-Planck Institut Für Neurogische Forschung
Gleueler str, 50
D-50931 Cologne
GERMANY
Tel:   (+49) 221 478 5713