[vtkusers] undefined symbol: JAWT_GetAWT

Martin Kavec martin.kavec at uku.fi
Thu Feb 21 03:28:13 EST 2002

Hello everybody,

I have successfully compiled VTK4.0 (and yesterday's cvs) with Java wraps
(jvm is Sun 1.4.0) on linux, no problems with compiling java wrap classes, no
problem to compile Reggresion.java or vtkPanel.java, however, when I try

java -cp .:../../java/vtk.jar Regression

or

java -cp .:../../java/vtk.jar vtkPanel

I get following exception

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/local/lib/vtk/libvtkRenderingJava.so:
/usr/local/lib/vtk/libvtkRenderingJava.so: undefined symbol: JAWT_GetAWT
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1480)
        at Regression.<clinit>(Regression.java:10)

I have included /usr/loval/lib/vtk into my /etc/ld.so.conf and
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib/vtk.

I couldn't find any messages related to this error in a list archives.
Please, help me if you know.

Regards,

Martin