[vtkusers] Shadow of 2D Actor when using VolumeRayCastCompositeFunction

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Feb 19 00:32:17 EST 2002

Hello David,

You seem to have answered your own question!  Yes, during interaction a
lower resolution image is generated. This means the geometry zbuffer is
subsampled - leading to the "shadow" effect you mentioned. Turning off
intermixing only "solves" the problem in that geometry is not intermixed
with the volume (geometry/volume appearance will only be correct if the
geometry does not intersect the volume).

Lisa