[vtkusers] vtkProp3D and rotation

Byoung-moon you byoungmoon_you at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 10:15:34 EST 2002

Hello vtkusers,

I have used vtkVolume with SetUserTransform and
SetUserMatrix
methods to rotate a volume object.
The volume should have a predefined orientation, such
as anterior view,
before any transformation is performed.
That has been worked well with vtkVolume.

However, as you know, it is slow for a large medical
volume object
and I thought it would be nice to have vtkProp3D for
a faster
rendering.

Based on my experience so far, vtkProp3D doesn't seem
support SetUserMatirx
or SetUserTransform either.

so my questions are,
1) is there a way that I can use the UserSetMatrix or
SetUserTransform
methods?
2) vtkProp3D supports RotateX/Y/Z methods to rotate
volume object.
But, these methods rotate the volume object from
previous orientation.
How can I rotate the volume object from a predefined
orientation,
for example SetOrientation 0.0 0.0 0.0.

Any help/advice would be appreciated .

Thank you.