[vtkusers] linux + wxpython : Multiple wxVTKrenderWindows problem

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Feb 12 21:57:50 EST 2002

    DG> Hi Fabrice, The most likely culprit is the nVidia driver.  I'm
    DG> using NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-1512 because I've found it to be the most
    DG> stable.  Both 1.0-1541 and 1.0-2313/4 caused problems for me.
    DG> But YMMV.

Well, I've been using the 1.0.1541 drivers on my Debian GNU/Linux
desktop with an uptime of about 36 days now.  No crashes at all.  I
think Fabrice's problem could be the fact that he is using the
wxVTKRenderWindow thats in wxPython.lib.vtk.  I believe that that
version is broken.  Maybe you should try to use the wxVTKRenderWindow
thats in the current 4.0 CVS tree (inside Wrapping/Python).  You can
also find it here:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/VTK/Wrapping/Python/wxVTKRenderWindow.py

Try this and see if it fixes any of your problems.

prabhu