[vtkusers] linux + wxpython : Multiple wxVTKrenderWindows problem

Bob Lewis bobl at tricity.wsu.edu
Tue Feb 12 15:54:42 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:22:09PM +0100, Fabrice Vincent wrote:

> I am trying to use 2 wxVTKRenderWindow on a linux system
>
> Whenever I try to interact with the second renderwindow the X server
>
> crashes. The same problem occurs on two computers with more or less the
>
> same configuration.

I thought it was just me, but a similar kind of behavior happened when
I tried (in Python) to put two vtkRenderWidgets in a Tk frame.  One of
them behaved normally, but the other did not respond to trackball
interaction and displayed garbage when the window was resized.

As a VTK novice, I decided that VTK was one of those systems where a
good deal of time at the low end of the learning curve is spent
learning (a) not to do things that are too weird and (b) what
constitutes "too weird".

This was 3.2.  Maybe it's been fixed in 4.0, but I'm not likely to try
it.  It's just too weird.

    - Bob Lewis