[vtkusers] I need helps and suggestions for runing VTK under IBM ThinkPad T23

TzuYi Yu tyyu01 at mail.apol.com.tw
Sat Feb 9 02:36:15 EST 2002

 Dear VTK user group:

   I have implemented a visualization software using vtk + MFC
 (VC6.0) under window 2000 (with service pack 2 and Direct X
 8.0).  This notebook is IBM T23 with S3 SuperSavage/IXC.  The
 Bios and the S3 driver are all updated to the newest version
 from IBM download page.  The software mainly read in plot3d
 binary files and plot the solution properties (like the
 pressure or temperature plot).  I was able to plot the shaded
 scalar slices when it first showed up. But when I rotate (or move)
 the object, the gradient of the color was gone.  It became
 an object with mono color.

 I try the same code with other Desktops and notebooks, this code
 works perfectly!  I then called IBM on Dec 05 last year, and
 recently got an answer from "IBM Customer Relations  Management
 Team" saying that they were able to reproduce the problem,
 but their answer is to  "turn off the hardware accelerator"
 to resolve my problem, and they don't guarantee "any third
 party programs work on their IBM PC".  Since turning off the
 graphics accelerator slows down all graphics applications, I
 wonder: Can anyone test my program on your PC to see if you
 experience the same thing?  Please check
 http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~tyyu/index.html

 If you were me, what will you do with IBM's answer (this
   notebook was purchased at the end of September last year)?

(I try this T23 with 128MB RAM, it seems works, but any T23 exceeds
128MB RAM, the problem just shows.  I also try T20s, it has this
problem even the RAM below 128MB).

Thanks for all the helps.