[vtkusers] Slicing performance in TCL

Oliver Vidovic ovidovic at medipattern.com
Tue Feb 5 18:05:45 EST 2002

 Hi vtk users,

 A couple of days ago I asked a question on this mailing list. The original
question can be found here:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-February/009374.html

 I am trying to optimize the performance of a small TCL application. The
application slices the data across one of the axes (for example, across z
axes - in x-y plane). This application will later be used in an orthogonal
data viewer.
 My problem is that the usual pipelines work fine for small
vtkStructuredPoints data (64x64x64). But once the data becomes larger (eg.
512x512x100), then user interface is not responding in real-time any more.

 Any suggestions on how to do it?
 I tried vtkImageReslice, vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter and
vtkPlaneSource with vtkProbeFilter as pipelines and none of them proved
successful.

 thanks
 oliver