[vtkusers] v3.2 or v4.0?

Hans Kuhlmann fudegweiser at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 11:04:40 EST 2002

I'm upgrading an old install of VTK, so I'm a bit out
of the loop here:

Which is the current, "stable" release of VTK?

The FAQ says v3.2, but I go to the "Get the Software"
page on public.kitware.com, and it makes no mention of
v3.2 except for the man page links.  In fact, the page
labels v4.0 as a release *candidate*, although v4.0
sits in the release directory, but seems to be updated
nightly judging from the dates on the files (as
opposed to the nightly/ directory...).  I also
couldn't find any mailing list post saying "4.0 is
released."

Sorry for all the banter, but I just want to do this
build once....  Will the real release please stand up?

Thanks!
Hans