[vtkusers] FW: vtkPLOT3DReader changes

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Dec 31 09:19:20 EST 2002

Hi Chris-

It should be compatible. Note one thing: often times the PLOT3D data files
are technically not correct...they have extra junk at the end of the file.
This messes up the sanity checking in the reader and it thinks the file is
bad. I believe that there is a ForceRead flag that gets around this.

Will

At 09:55 PM 12/30/2002 -0500, Christopher R. Volpe wrote:

>Hi folks-
>   I notice that the PLOT3D reader was overhauled not too long ago. Has
>anyone else noticed that the changes break a few scripts? For example, I
>used to be able to read the bluntfin data set with scalar function 100 and
>vector function 202. Now this doesn't work. Have we broken backward
>compatibility with the new PLOT3D reader?

William J. Schroeder, Ph.D
Kitware, Inc.
469 Clifton Corporate Parkway
Clifton Park, NY 12065