[vtkusers] Multiple versions of vtk

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Sun Dec 29 06:44:36 EST 2002

Hi Dave,

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, D.M.P.Davies wrote:

> To help in code migration is it possible for 3.2 and 4.0 (windows
> nightly versions + tcl)  to cohabit on a  PC.
>
> Version 3.2 seems quite happy in its own directories.

I think it is possible, but I have not tried it myself. Assuming that you
have the VTK dll's for the different versions in their own dir's here is
what I think you need to change, when shifting versions:

* The system PATH variable. (for example it should be set to
something like "C:/vtkbin32/bin/release" in the 3.2 config)

* The TCLLIBPATH system variable (for example it should be set to
something like "C:/vtknightly/wrapping/tcl" in nightly config)

* The VC++ include dirs shall be set to the corresponding dirs. This can
be done either globally or for each project.

* The VC++ link files should be set up to either the 4.1.x or 3.2 libs

* The VC++ additional library path should be set to the right one. This
can also be done on a project basis

Hope this helps, I probably have forgotten something.

Happy new year!
Rasmus