[vtkusers] vtkGLUTesselator does not recognize New() method at link

sebastien MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Thu Dec 19 10:46:54 EST 2002

Hello,

I tried to link a project with vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter,
but it does not find the New() method for this class
while linking.

I linked project with glu32.lib and vtkHybrid.lib, as well as rendering,
graphics, IO, filtering and common libs.

I don't understand what I did wrong. Here is VC++ error code :

xxxx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static class vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter * __cdecl
vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
../binaries/xxxx.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

and my code :
vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter *tesselator =
vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter::New();
  tesselator->SetInput(mp_PolyData);
  tesselator->Update();

mp_PolyData->SetPoints(tesselator->GetOutput()->GetPoints());
mp_PolyData->DeepCopy(tesselator->GetOutput());

+ includes of vtkGLUTesselator.h

Anybody have an idea ?

Seb