[vtkusers] C++ exemples !

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Dec 16 21:44:17 EST 2002

hi,

    SA> Hi list !  We've received our kitware book and VTK CD-ROM. We
    SA> fell from our seats when we saw that almost all the exemples
    SA> in the book and in the CD-ROM are in TCL/TK !!!! (Not to
    SA> mention all the errors in the book ...)  Is there a place
    SA> where we can download about the same exemples but in C++ ?
    SA> (Even if TCL is easy, still, it's not what we use.)

Look, VTK works with 4 different languages.  Its not right to expect
them to give examples with each and every language in the book.  Think
of the poor trees.  If you really want C++ examples look at the
source, there are a few.  If these aren't enough translate them from
Tcl and mail them to the vtk list.  If they are good enough someone
(not me) will hopefully commit them to CVS for all C++ users to enjoy.
Remember, this is open source.

Obvious mistakes in the VTK book?  What book are you talking about?

cheers,
prabhu