[vtkusers] Failure in building Java Wrappers.

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Mon Dec 16 20:09:59 EST 2002

I am using the latest CVS versions of Cmake and VTK.

Surely someone is building VTK under VC7 with the Java wrappers turned on. I
am using j2sdk1.4.1_01.
TheCMake options are

Is anyone able to help with this problem?

I am getting the following debug assertion failure:
Program: c:\vtk\VTKBin\bin\Debug\vtkParseJave.exe
File: fprintf.c
Line: 56
Expression: str != NULL

Occurring at or around this step in the build process:

Parsed func vtkPolyDataCollection
   Converted operator
Performing Custom Build Step
The tool is then unable to continue.

There are also a lot of warnings like:
c:\vtk\VTK\Common\vtkJavaUtil.cxx(173): warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer
truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned long'
c:\vtk\VTK\Common\vtkJavaUtil.cxx(305): warning C4312: 'type cast' :
conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size occurring.
Are these safe to ignore or is there something fundamentally wrong?

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Postal:
 Australian Centre for Field Robotics
The Rose Street Building J04