[vtkusers] Request For Help -- STL File

MairiBhan at aol.com MairiBhan at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 13:49:30 EST 2002

Hello,

I am looking for a company or individual who has the capability to convert my
existing CAT scan into an STL file.  The file will be used to create a
precise stereolithography model of my neck and trachea.

The model created via the STL file that I hope you will be able to assist
with will be used to make a prosthesis to keep my airway from collapsing.

In brief explanation:  I have been in and out of surgery to assist in my
ability to breathe since 1982.   My trachea has buckled and the resulting
tiny diameter causes my trachea to collapse with the negative pressure of
expiration.  I cannot sleep normally or restfully because of suffocation.
Because of excessive and unpredictable fatigue, I am on a medical leave of
absence from work and most of my benefits have expired.

The end user company (Cad Support Services, Inc.  http://www.cadsupport.com)
of the STL file I hope you will be able to help me with is willing to assist
me at no charge.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and also for any assistance you
can provide.

Sincerely,
Mary MacRae