[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataNormals

Nils H. Busch nilsb at cns.mpg.de
Fri Dec 13 09:16:29 EST 2002

Hello,

can anyone tell me whether running vtkPolyDataNormals sets the normals
data array of the input polydata, i.e. are the normals retrieved by
polydata->GetPointData()->GetNormals() those that are computed by
vtkPolyDataNormals ? If not, how can I access those ? Do I need to add a
vtkPolyDataMapper and retrieve them from there ?

I would appreciate it, if someone could elucidate me on this.

--
    Nils H. Busch
    Max-Planck-Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
    e-mail: nilsb at cns.mpg.de