[vtkusers] Can i compile vtk4.0 with mingw on windows?

Stephen Reilly stephen.reilly at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 12 11:27:20 EST 2002

Yoshihiko,

I was using mingw, but changed to the Borland compiler (which is also free
to download from
http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html), simply
because CMakeSetup outputs makefiles that Borland can use, but none that
mingw can (well, none that I had any luck with anyway).

Once you have the Borland compiler there are a couple of files you have to
set up (but this is detailed in the readme.txt Borland gives you). Then,
simply follow the instructions for using CMakeSetup. Finally issuing the
command:
make -f Makefile
should kick off the build.

Apologies if I went into too much detail.

Hope this has helped,
Stephen

Can I compile vtk4.0 with mingw on windows ?

Does anybody know the how-to or information related my question ?

thanks in advance.

--
Yoshihiko Nagamine