[vtkusers] Interpolate a vector field

Mdl mdl78 at libero.it
Sat Dec 7 07:03:31 EST 2002

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a way to interpolate a vector field in VTK.
Currently I have a dataset made up of 9 points with associated vector data
(with  ...->GetPointData()->SetVectors()).
Now I want to add many other points (randomly created, for instance, or a
structured grid too) and have them associated vectors interpolated from the
9 vectors in the "main" dataset... the "new" vectors must be interpolated
according to their position in the space... I found that vtkShepardMethod
does something very similar, but only works on scalars... I'd need a
ShepardMethod operating on vectors.
Is there a way to do this by means of VTK or have I got to make it by
myself?

Thanks to anyone who wants to answer,
Marco

                            Marco Di Lorenzo
                    (dilorenzo.marco at inwind.it)

Tesista presso IAC-CNR di Roma
Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo "M. Picone"
Viale del Policlinico, 137
00161, Roma