[vtkusers] Image reslice oblique from the normal of a plane ???

Vincent Nicolas vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Dec 4 09:56:10 EST 2002

Hi all,

I need to do an oblique reslice of a 3D image dataset, pick some points on this resliced image and finaly translate the points coodinates into the original coordinate system. I only have the image data and the normal of the slicing plane.
I've tried using the vtkImageReslice filter with the "SetResliceTransform" but the result is a black image or seems bo te shrinked or cut depending on the plane normal.

Can anybody show me some source code to create the ResliceMatrix from the normal plane ?

Thanks a lot.

Vincent Nicolas
<vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be>
Laboratoire de Télécommunications et Télédétection
Université catholique de Louvain
Place du Levant 2   B-1348
Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/MEDIMAG