[vtkusers] VTK on MacOS10.2 OpenGL issues

Rich Gronostajski gronos at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 09:43:29 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm a new user and have compiled VTK on MacOSX10.2 with Tcl wrappings.
The make showed no errors but when I went to run a script that runs fine
on an SGI machine I got the following errors:

dyld: /Develop/osxBin/bin/vtk Undefined symbols:
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_noop expected to be defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_pkey expected to be defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

Just for a try I put in a link between /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib and
the libGL.dylib that apple supplies in the OpenGL frameworks directory.
After this, when I rerun the demo I get the errors:

ERROR: In /Develop/VTK/Rendering/vtkRenderWindowInteractor.cxx, line 455
vtkCarbonRenderWindowInteractor (0x20154f0): SetUserMethod was obsoleted
for version "4.2" and will be removed in a future version

ERROR: In /Develop/VTK/Rendering/vtkRenderWindowInteractor.cxx, line 474
vtkCarbonRenderWindowInteractor (0x20154f0): SetUserMethodArgDelete was
obsoleted for version "4.2" and will be removed in a future version

and a window, but the script freezes there and no image is displayed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

--
Richard M. Gronostajski