[vtkusers] wxWindows

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 13:47:50 EDT 2002

David,

> There is no need to create a special wxRenderWindow class,
> you should be able to call
>   renWin->SetWindowId(wxWin->GetHandle());
> to connect the windows.

OK. I had planned on subclassing wxWindow and then doing renWin->SetWindowId(this->GetHandle()); somewhere in the initialization. I have so much legacy code for doing little things to the window (from my Borland renderwindow classes) that I had hoped to create a whole family of wxRenderWindows.

One thing that may cause trouble is that I have options for turning on/off stereo rendering (glasses etc) etc, but these require the window to be destroyed and recreated. Is there a convenient hook into DestroyHandle and CreateHandle under wx?

> The only tricky thing is that the wxWindow has to be mapped
> to the screen before the first Render is called.

Noted. I'll remember this. I'm still only playing with wx right now, but when I get there....

thanks

JB