[vtkusers] wxWindows

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Aug 30 13:28:13 EDT 2002

Hi John,

The file
  VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindow.py
does the wx/VTK connection under Python and it works fine.
There is no need to create a special wxRenderWindow class,
you should be able to call
  renWin->SetWindowId(wxWin->GetHandle());
to connect the windows.

The only tricky thing is that the wxWindow has to be mapped
to the screen before the first Render is called.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group