[vtkusers] RE: still some problem about vtkMarchingCubes.

#YAN RI AN# PS7278514B at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Aug 30 09:35:20 EDT 2002

Dear steffen:
I use the window NT based computer & VC6.0 compiler.
I executeed the vtkPatented.dll from the new VTK data and copy it to
C:\vtk40\lib\vtk\
I also modified the file:c:\vtk40\include\vtk\CMakeCache.txt
VTK_USE_PATENTED:BOOL=ON
Then I use cmake to bulid my headBone.cpp. the CMakeLists.txt write:
PROJECT (headBone)

INCLUDE (${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindVTK.cmake)
IF (USE_VTK_FILE)
  INCLUDE(${USE_VTK_FILE})
ENDIF (USE_VTK_FILE)

LINK_LIBRARIES(
  vtkCommon
  vtkFiltering
  vtkGraphics
  vtkHybrid
  vtkImaging
  vtkIO
  vtkjpeg
  vtkParallel
  vtkPng
  vtkRendering
  vtkzlib
  vtkPatented
)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(headBone headBone.cpp)

After Executed the workspace file, the warning message is:
--------------------Configuration: headBone - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
headBone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkMarchingCubes::SetLocator(class vtkPointLocator *)" (__imp_?SetLocator at vtkMarchingCubes@@QAEXPAVvtkPointLocator@@@Z)
headBone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkMarchingCubes::SetValue(int,float)" (__imp_?SetValue at vtkMarchingCubes@@QAEXHM at Z)
headBone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkMarchingCubes * __cdecl vtkMarchingCubes::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkMarchingCubes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Debug/headBone.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ALL_BUILD - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
I do not know if I must build the Patent DLL file and added in.
Cuold you give me some suggest.
Thank you very much

* Best Regards
* Yan Rian (Research Student)