[vtkusers] Slow

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler.ie
Wed Aug 28 06:04:30 EDT 2002

Dear All,

I have written a finite element simulation program. It has a C++ GUI and a
FORTRAN 90 simulation engine. Previously I was using a games oriented
graphics library for visualisation. I have now included a vtk MFC based
window. However, I am finding that the simulation times have increased by
70-90%, despite the fact that the graphics functions aren't (I am pretty
sure) called during the simulation  (which runs on a separate thread). I am
using the static version of the vtk libraries, compiled for Pentium Pro and
mutilthread.

Any ideas??

Yours in hope,

Jim