[vtkusers] vtk on Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar

Drew McCormack cormack at chem.vu.nl
Tue Aug 27 03:52:04 EDT 2002

Thanks Surajit and Jon! This got me up and running on Jaguar.
I have one problem though: I am using Cocoa windows, and whenever I run
a test, such as Mace, I get an error like this

pure virtual method called
Abort trap

I had similar problems with 10.1. Is this a known problem, and is there
a workaround?

Regards,
Drew McCormack

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 08:03  am, Jon Harald Kaspersen wrote:

> Hi Surajit,
>
> Try to add -Xlinker -bind_at_load when linking the tests
> (TimeRenderer) and your own programs
>
> Regards
> Jon
>
> On Monday, August 26, 2002, at 08:43 PM, Surajit Nundy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> 	I have been able to build the latest CVS version of VTK successfully
>> using both Carbon and Cocoa APIs on OS X 10.2 ("Jaguar") using gcc
>> 3.1.  However, when I try to run TimeRenderer or use my own programs,
>> no new windows appear.  Has anyone else had this problem and do they
>> have a solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Surajit Nundy

> Jon Harald Kaspersen			Tel: 		+47 73 59 75 89
> Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering		Mob:		+47 93 03 65 90
> Senior Scientist				Pager	+47 96 84 29 94
> SINTEF Unimed - Ultralyd		Fax: 		+47 73 59 78 73
> N-7465 Trondheim
> NORWAY			e-mail:	Jon.H.Kaspersen at unimed.sintef.no
> 				WEB:	http://www.us.unimed.sintef.no/

  Dr. Drew McCormack (Kmr. R153)