[vtkusers] Drawing smooth surfaces

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Mon Aug 26 16:17:50 EDT 2002

Javi, you should be able to read your points in using vtkImageReader and process
with vtkMarchingCubes, smooth and decimate if needed, see smoothFran.tcl for
ideas on how to do most of this. If I misunderstood your data set and you have a
2D image with height as intensity (height image) then look at ImageWarp.tcl
which makes use of vtkWarpScalars to create the surface from the image
data.....john

 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [24.97.130.19]

From: "Javier Maicas Sebastian" <s011124 at student.dtu.dk>@public.kitware.com on
08/26/2002 01:55 PM ZE2

                   "Javier Maicas Sebastian"           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
 <s011124 at student.dtu.dk>@public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                               Subject:      [vtkusers] Drawing smooth surfaces

 Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                         08/26/2002 07:55 AM

Hello vtkusers:

I want to draw smooth surfaces. I have all points that belong to the
surface in the discrete domain of a 3D image. How can I load these points
in vtk and process them to get a smooth surface? Like the one that I would
obtain applying marching cubes to a volume.

Thanks

Javi