[vtkusers] volume rendering ImageData after vtkImageReslice

Yuan Jin yjin76 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 18 23:53:49 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to get more slices from the raw data, ie. interpolate between
two adjacent slices to generate more slices. I have 30 slices raw data and
want to interpolate addtional 4 slices between each two slices. I use the
code below

reslice = vtkImageReslice()
reslice.SetInput(reader.GetOutput())
reslice.GetOutput().SetExtent(0,511,0,511,1,150)
reslice.InterpolateOn()
reslice.SetInterpolationModeToCubic()
reslice.SetOutputSpacing(1,1,0.2)
reslice.SetOutputExtent(0,511,0,511,1,150)
reslice.Update()

I can see the resulting slices (interpolated ones) using vtkImageViewer, but
when I volume render the vtkImageData (reslice.GetOutput()), it doesn't
work. anyone has experience?

Thanks a lot

Yuan