[vtkusers] Cutter overlay on image

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Sun Aug 18 18:02:28 EDT 2002

I am currently working with mixed polydata and images. For the images I
have:
     vtkTIFFReader->vtkTexture
     vtkPlaneSource( sized with image dimensions )
->vtkTransformPolyDataFilter->vtkPolyDataMapper->vtkActor( SetTexture with
texture created from image )

For the polydaya it is the usual, similar to the latter part above:

     MyPolyData->vtkTransformPolyDataFilter->vtkPolyDataMapper->vtkActor

One, or both transforms may not be required, depending if you inputs (image
and polydata) are in the same coordinate system.

  regards
     Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          Kevin Teich            |
|        |          <kteich at nmr.mgh.harvard|
|        |          .edu>                  |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          16/08/2002 09:39       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |      To:     vtkusers at public.kitware.com                                                                   |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] Cutter overlay on image                                                       |

I am getting the cross-section of some poly data with a vtkCutter and
would like to overlay this onto the output of a vtkImageReslice in the
same window. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.

--
Kevin Teich