[vtkusers] Texture not displayed (NVIDIA problem?)

Ken Martin kenlists at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 13 08:22:31 EDT 2002

My guess is that this is due to a texture size limitation in your
hardware. If VTK tries to draw too large of a texture map some
hardware will simply fail to draw the texture map. The result is a
white rectangle on the screen. Since 4.0 we have added logic in VTK to
handle this an break apart the texture into multiple smaller texture
maps that do fit within the graphics hardware's limitations.

Ken