[vtkusers] Texture not displayed (NVIDIA problem?)

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Mon Aug 12 20:20:52 EDT 2002

I played around with Windows "Display Properties", under Settings |
Advanced | Trobleshooting. I tried all the various positions on the
Hardware Acceleration slider, starting on the default maximum and working
backwards. Once I reached the second lowest setting ("Disable all but basic
accelerations. Use this setting to correct more severe problems.") I got my
textured images to display... but now the graphics performance is
positively sloth-like...
Hmmmm...
Anyone have suggestions on how to remedy this? update drivers? magical vtk
or OpenGL settings? give up and live with a lobotomised video card for vtk?
join the masses and only use my PC for playing games ;-)

  OK, I'm off to check the Dell / NVidia sites for driver updates or any
other info..
      Dave

                    David.Pont at forestresear
                    ch.co.nz                      To:     vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    vtkusers-admin at public.k       Subject:     [vtkusers] Texture not displayed (NVIDIA problem?)
                    itware.com

                    13/08/2002 09:52

Hi all,
   I have a new Dell Latitude C610 notebook running Win 2000. The Graphics
card is reported as: "NVIDIA GeForce 2 Go (Dell Mobile)". I have an
application built with vtk 3.1 which uses the "texture on a plane" method
of viewing iamges. Since moving to my new machine the images now just
appear as a full white rectangle. Have tried TIFF (with and without alpha)
and BMP with the same results.
I checked the archives and there seem to be some issues around textures and
NVIDIA GeForce cards but no specific information on this problem. Anybody
able to shed some light on this?..  I want my pictures back...
  thanks in advance
     Dave Pont