[vtkusers] Problems running example code....

peppe megali peppe at mail-arts.sssup.it
Fri Aug 2 07:26:36 EDT 2002

Hi,
I am a very new user.
I downloaded VTK 4.0 and installed it. I downloaded also the source
code, and unzipped it. When I try to execute the examples TCL code
contained in the Testing directory of the Patented source code (e.g.
.../VTK/Patented/Testing/Tcl/iceCream.tcl) I get error messages like this:

- invalid command name "vtkMarchingContourFilter" while executing
"vtkMarchingContourFilter theConeSurface"....

the command name differs depending from the specific tcl example.

This happen for all the tcl source file in that directory (while no
problems I had encountered executing all the tcl example and testing
code in the other directories), and the invalid command name is always
one of the Patented code.
Practically,  it seems that the Patented code has not be installed
correctly (infact  I have not vtkPatentedTcl lib and dll)...

What do I have to do to correctly install the Patented code?

Thanks

peppe

Giuseppe Megali, PhD
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Polo Sant'Anna Valdera
CRIM - Computer Assisted Surgery Group
Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 34
57025 Pontedera, Pisa (Italy)
Phone: (+39) 050 883 405, Fax: (+39) 050 883 402
email: peppe at mail-arts.sssup.it, web: www-mitech.sssup.it