[vtkusers] am I missing something, everything is dificult building under windows

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Apr 22 22:18:50 EDT 2002

Randy,

>PS I bought the book 2 years ago, now its missing.  Whoever grabbed it
>from my office, give it back.

Two years ago is ancient history in software-years. :-) I would recommend
working with the latest on-line manual pages and/or getting the latest
version (updated for VTK 4.0) of the User's Guide. Enough things have
changed here and there in the past two years that it could be a bit
confusing to start out working from an old book. If you are talking about
the hardcover textbook then it is useful for the theory / algorithms but I
would skip the "Putting it all together" sections (where actual VTK code is
shown) since they are based on VTK 2.0.

Lisa