[vtkusers] am I missing something, everything is dificult building under windows

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Mon Apr 22 19:23:14 EDT 2002

No, it is not difficult; in fact it is very easy using CMake.

I have no trouble building the libraries and DLL's using CMake. In fact
it is quite simple, you just have to select either yes or no to most
options and it figures out the interdependencies for you. I am currently
using VC7 so at present I have to use nmake but everything compiles OK,
including the test examples. I hope that a VC7 IDE interface for CMake
will be released soon.
Just to reiterate, the build does go flawlessly under Win XP/2000 for
TCL and the VTK libraries. MFC also works OK.

Perhaps you should use the precompiled binaries until you become more
familiar with VTK. I think that they set up all the necessary paths for
you. I started this way.

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Postal:
Australian Centre for Field Robotics