[vtkusers] how to efficiently generate surf between 2 curves

Melvin Hadasht melvin.hadasht at free.fr
Sun Apr 21 21:49:19 EDT 2002

Hi,

I need to fill between two curves (actually outlines of a vector
character). I did not manage to find a solution that always works
correctly. The two contours are on the same plane.

For example, for the character 'e', I created a vtkCellArray
containing two cells: one for the outer contour of 'e' and one for the
inner contour. (the outer cell has the opposite orientation with respect
to the inner one). To fill between them I used the Delaunay2D
triangulation. That worked for some letters but for some others (like
the 'e'), the triangulation is not done propely: the triangles get
outside of the outlines. It seems related to the geometry of the
outlines. Does anybody has a robust solution for this pb? I hope I
described correctly the problem, English is not my first language.

Thanks.

PS: I need to use greek/mathematical vector texts to have a vector
PS: output (postscript, using gl2ps), that's why I can't just use
PS: vtkVectorText or vtkTextSource. I'm using freetype to get the
PS: outlines from Type1 & TrueType fonts. If I manage to solve this
PS: problem, I'll post the solution and the source for a vector Text
PS: renderer for vtk. Any help/comment is greatly welcomed. Thanks.

--
Melvin Hadasht