[vtkusers] problem in reading PLOT3D data file

you ruobo you_ruobo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 20 06:50:09 EDT 2002

I still can not read my own plot3d grid file into VTK
by using vtkPLOT3DReader. I believe my grid file
strictly follows  the unformatted plot3d format like
the following:
write(1) 1
write(1) imax,jmax,kmax
write(1) (((x(j,k,i),i=1,imax),j=1,jmax),k=1,kmax),
         (((y(j,k,i),i=1,imax),j=1,jmax),k=1,kmax),
         (((z(j,k,i),i=1,imax),j=1,jmax),k=1,kmax)

But the vtk reading stopped instantly and reflectted a
totally different ijk dimensions from it's supposed to
be. I don't know why. then, I tried to transform a vtk
example case file from plot3d format to a readable
file(ascii) by using above program with the only
change from "write" to "read", but error also occured
during the reading
due to the format problem. Could you help me figure it
out? Does there exist two types of Plot3d ?

Thank you