[vtkusers] question about CFD data read by VTK

you ruobo you_ruobo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 16:14:39 EDT 2002

1.I want to input my CFD result data(grid data file+
flow property data file,Both in PLOT3D format ) into
VTK for visualization. Does vtkPLOT3DReader directly
recogonize the data format? If not, what kind of
preprocessing work should I do?
2. In the included example data files, are the
postq.bin and postxyz.bin standard Plot3d files that
can be read directly by CFD tool such as Tecplot? what
is the contents of postq.bin? Does it include
quantities like "rho,u,v,w,pressure" .

Thanks in advance

Ruobo