[vtkusers] vtkPanel.java and vtkJavaAwt.h

Oliver Vidovic ovidovic at medipattern.com
Tue Apr 16 11:49:12 EDT 2002

 Hi vtkusers

 I am maintaining some old code that's using java and custom build of vtk.
The vtk.vtkPanel java class (in our code) has 3 native methods declared as
native (RenderCreate, RenderInternal and SetSizeInternal).

 However, when I installed vtk3.2 and tried running our program, I got the
following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SetSizeInternal
	at vtk.vtkPanel.SetSizeInternal(Native Method)
	at vtk.vtkPanel.setSize(vtkPanel.java:56)

 After some search in vtk cvs, I found a header file named vtkJavaAwt.h that
exposes those native methods using JNI, but that header file is not in
vtk3.2 source code distribution.

 Is that file generated by the vtk build process, or can I just use the one
from cvs and is there a way to build vtk so that those native methods are
exposed?

 thanks
 oliver